Cancer exercise programmes designed around proven scientific and medical principles.
Cancer rehabilitation attempts to maximise patients ability to function, to promote their independence and to help them improve their condition. It offers a major route to improve quality of life, no matter how long or short the timescale ( National Institute For Health and Care Excellence )
Our aim is to help manage life-changing conditions and improve quality of life in a safe and encouraging training environment.
We actively collaborate and consult with fellow health practitioners to ensure clients receive an integrative approach to their care to encourage long term, sustainable health and wellbeing.
Pre Treatment Exercise benefits
Studies have shown that embarking on an exercise programme before starting treatment can have a number of positive benefits for patients including better outcomes from surgery and enhanced tolerance to further treatments
Going through treatment can be a gruelling experience both mentally and physically. Being active during this time can help alleviate some of the side effects experienced and improve the physiological and psychological ability to withstand treatment. Benefits include
- Better able to manage cancer related fatigue
- Create a more positive mindset
- Better sleep and quality rest
- Reduced loss of cardio and respiratory fitness, strength and flexibility
- Reduced risk of lymphoedema
- Reduced fatigue
- Improved body image and body composition
- Improved quality of life
- Reduced the risk of other long-term conditions
- Improved urinary incontinence for patients with prostate cancer
For further information do get in touch.